Friday, March 28, 2008

Oceans Eleven



I was in the north county tonight and decided to drop by Oceans Eleven to check it out for the first time. It turned out toad a great idea because the tables were full of action. They run some interesting games including 1/1 NLHE with a $40 max and 2/2 NLHE with a 100 max. I initially sat in the 1/1 game, but never played a hand since I had to hit the "gents" first and by the time I returned their was a seat in the 2/2 game. The 1/1 game sounds like it could be frustrating, but might be fun. Cheap that is for sure.

I just bled for quite a while in the first hour or two, but then there was a major turning point in a hand that had a LOT of PF action. I called $20 PF with 88 after about people before me and one or two after me, creating a large pot. I had already decided that I would push if no paint on the flop. OF course it comes 245 rainbow. There was a small lead and I shipped $50 or so into bout a $100 pot. I did get called in one spot. He didn't turn over cards, but the turn was a gorgeous 8 for the set. River, another duck to fill me up, so I knew I was good for sure. He never showed but I think he had anover pair like TT or 99 maybe.

I ended up only winning a few more pots. Stacked a very lose player w/KsJs UTG, when I made a small raise, flopped a spade draw, turned the king and flushed on the river. He called with an under flush.

Got two red aces and played a smaller pot HU for about $50 or so. Value bet the turn and river on an all black 77549 board ,just felt I was good if no 7. He was hoked to see AA.

At one point a guy sat down that looked very familiar. I asked him what his name was and as it turned out, it was "The Mouth's" brother Scott Matusow.




Food was good and super cheap, most menu items are around $3-4, believe it or not.

Check out Oceans Eleven next time you are in northern San Diego County.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.